Is this you?
Are you the "mom" of your friend group? Do kids look for you next when they can't talk to their parents? Is your favorite story about Jesus the one where He tells His disciples "Let the little children come to me" ?
Our church family is looking for a leader who loves Jesus and is ready to disciple 36 sets of tiny toes (with more sets on the way!). In this part-time role you are supported by a group of 30 volunteers (and growing), compensated with a monthly stipend, and developed through the Alliance's Children's Ministry Leadership program.
This is an exciting time for Children's ministry at our church as our discipleship opportunities grow, our volunteer base is awesome and steady, and new ministry opens up to our community through LifeWise Academy.
Below you'll find the button to start the application for the position, and below that is the job description, compensation details and hiring process. If we described you above, would you pray and apply?
The primary responsibility of the Children’s Ministry Director is to lead children into a dynamic relationship with Christ, encouraging them to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus, and equipping them to partner in His mission. When HopeKids age out of the program, the expectation is they have grown as missional, authentic, different + engaged (MADE) disciples of Jesus, seeking to live lives that showcase a love for God, love for others, and desire to share hope with the world. This is accomplished through an interdependent leadership model with the elders, staff, HopeKids core team, and HopeKids teachers and volunteers- communicating with them and equipping them to serve.
Below lists the primary "verbs" that describe what the HopeKids Director does on a weekly basis:
- Organize: class curriculum, class activities, volunteer schedule, volunteer recruiting + training
- Disciple: Nursery, preschool + elementary-aged kids to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus + partner in His mission
- Communicate: Needs for the ministry to church leaders, schedule + policy to volunteers, the Gospel to children (parents + adults too!)
- Envision: Future needs of the ministry, opportunities that teach HopeKids to be missional, authentic, different and engaged
- Develop: Your skills + talents, better processes + policies, the teachers + volunteers, and our HopeKids into disciple-makers.
We expect the HopeKids Director to have...
- A personal + evident relationship with Jesus
- Experience in discipling children of different ages
- Experience in active or hands-on ministry
- A clean record when working with children
- Availability to commit 10-15 hours each week toward the ministry
- Availability to work from the church building on Tuesday mornings + Sunday mornings
- Serve in the teacher rotation for HopeKids classes
- Have a high-school education (some college preferred)
Compensation is provided, and includes the following:
- Monthly stipend (equivalent to $12-$15 hourly wage based on experience)
- C&MA Children's Ministry Leadership education, paid for by Hope Church
How the hiring process will go
There will be three stages in the hiring process. Below is the general outline of each stage.
Stage 1: Open application
- Submit application
- Initial phone interview with Discipleship+Communication Director
Stage 2: for qualified candidates from Stage 1
- Submit written responses to Gospel Prompt, Children's Ministry Prompt, and written personal testimony
- Provide 2-3 references who can speak to your character + experience in ministry and/or discipleship of children
Stage 3: for qualified candidates from Stage 2
- Formal in-person interview with Lead Pastor, Discipleship+Communication Director, and members of the HopeKids Core Team
Stage 4: for qualified candidates from Stage 3
- Final interview with Lead Pastor and members of the Elder Board
- Background check (if not already on file)